- Servings: 4 x 500ml jar
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 150g French beans
- 250g shallots or small pickling onions
- 250g courgette
- 75g sea salt
- 4 Tbsp plain flour
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp mustard powder
- ½ Tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 deseeded and finely sliced red chilli
- 3 Tbs Mr Fitzpatrick’s Ginger cordial
- 500ml malt vinegar
1. Break the cauliflower into small florets, cut the beans into short lengths. Peel and quarter the shallots and cut the courgettes into half or quarters lengthways then thickly slice.
2. Layer the vegetables in a bowl sprinkling with the salt as you layer them. Toss together to coat with the salt. Cover and allow to stand for 24 hours.
3. Drain the vegetables and rinse well in cold water. Drain and allow to dry.
4. Mix the flour, sugar, mustard powder, mustard seeds turmeric and ginger together in a pan with a little of the vinegar to form a smooth paste. Make sure that you get the mixture lump free at this stage.
5. Gradually stir in the remaining vinegar and add the garlic and chilli. Cook over a low heat stirring until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
6. Add the vegetables and cook gently for 3 minutes. Spoon into hot sterilised jars and seal.
Recipe creation & photography by The Clean Tribe
Submit your review