Vegan Mince Pies
- For the filling;
- 1 lemon
- 2 small clementine’s
- 75g dried apricots
- 50g dried cranberries
- 100g raisins
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 apple
- 2 Tbsp Mr Fitzpatrick’s Cranberry and Pomegranate cordial
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- Good pinch of sea salt
- For the pies
- 100g plain flour
- 50g Cold vegan Margarine
- 30g brown granulated sugar
- 2 sheets of pre-rolled vegan sweet shortcrust pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 4 or 180c (adjust accordingly for fan ovens) and grease a 12-hole cake tin.
2. Zest the lemon and roughly chop all the dried fruit and add to a large mixing bowl.
3. Grate the apple, add to the bowl along with the juice of the lemon and clementine’s, stir through the sugar, salt, spices, cordial and ground flaxseed.
4. Cut the pastry into discs using a cutter or upturned glass that is a little bigger than the muffin tray hollows. Carefully lift the discs into the muffin tray and push down with your fingers.
5. Then dollop 1 small Tbsp of mincemeat into each pastry case 2/3 full), and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. While these are chilling, make your crumble topping. Rub together the cold margarine and flour till it forms a large breadcrumb consistency and toss through the sugar.
7. Remove the pies from the fridge, top with the crumble and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving
Recipe creation and photography by The Clean Tribe
Submit your review