Vegan Ginger Bread Bites
- Prep time: 50 minutes including chill time
- Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 380 g plain flour
- 110 g dairy free spread
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 160 g golden syrup
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 ½ Tbsp Mr Fitzpatrick’s Ginger or Spiced Plum & Pear cordial.
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1. In a bowl, beat together the sugar and spread until light and creamy.
2. Add the golden syrup, and sift in the cinnamon, ginger, bicarbonate of soda, and food colouring.
3. Mix until a rough crumb begins to form, then work the mixture into a smooth dough using your hands.
4. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (adjust accordingly for fan ovens).
5. Lightly dust your work surface and roll the dough until about 6 mm thick. Be sure to work quickly in a room that is not too hot, or the dough will become sticky.
6. Cut your shapes and transfer on to baking trays, bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for the most part on the trays, before removing to racks. Leave to cool completely before icing.
Submit your review