Spiced Cherry Compote
- 500g frozen black cherries
- 500g frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup Mr Fitzpatrick’s Sour Cherry, Red Grape & Hibiscus cordial
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
1. Add the fruit, cordial, spices and salt to a medium pan.
2. Reduce over a low boil for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Add the sugar and reduce to a simmer.
4. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
6. Eat straight away or pour into a jar, and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe creation & photography by The Clean Tribe
Submit your review