Sarsaparilla Green Tacos by The Clean Tribe
- 8 Taco shells or small soft tacos
- Handful of roughly chopped coriander
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100 grams of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- 2 cans of your choice beans (I used cannellini and kidney)
- For the sauce -
- 1/2 cup of Mr Fitzpatrick's Sarsaparilla cordial
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- Soften the onions and garlic gently, until they start to turn translucent.
- Add all the other sauce ingredients and simmer until reduced, stirring occasionally to ensure it does not stick.
- While your sauce is reducing, drain and cook through your beans in a pan of boiling water.
- Once your sauce has reduced, remove from heat.
- Drain your beans and add them to the sauce, mixing well.
- Fill your tacos, top with tomatoes, spring onions and coriander and serve with wedges of lime.
Recipe creation and photography by thecleantribe
Submit your review