Ginger & Carrot Spiced Muffins
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup Mr Fitzpatrick’s Ginger cordial
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup oat milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to Gas mark 5 or 190c and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Add the flaxseed and cordial to a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg
4. Gently melt the coconut oil either over a low heat on the hob or in the microwave.
5. Mix the carrots, milk, brown sugar and melted coconut oil together before adding the flaxseed mixture, stir to combine.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
7. Divide the batter between muffin tins and with a sprinkle of oats.
8. Bake the muffins for about 12 -15 minutes, until the tops bounce back when lightly poked and a skewer comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to finish calling on a wire rack.
Recipe creation & photography by The Clean Tribe
Submit your review