Deliciously Vegan Trifle!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup Spiced cherry compote (alternatively macerate 1 ½ cups of black cherries in 2
- Tbsp of Mr Fitzpatrick’s Sour Cherry cordial and ½ tsp of cinnamon).
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dark chocolate and hazelnuts for garnish.
1. In a blender, add avocados, frozen bananas, cocoa powder, dates, and cinnamon and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Open the can of coconut milk and separate out the top layer of thick cream from liquid. In a chilled small mixing bowl, blend coconut cream for roughly 3 minutes before adding vanilla and maple syrup. Whip for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
3. In a serving glass, layer mousse, compote, and cream and garnish with dark chocolate and hazelnuts.
Submit your review