Chocolate Orange Muffins by SpamellaB
- For the muffins –
- 100g oat flour
- 100g brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 200ml almond milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 50ml Mr Fitzpatrick’s Clementine, Orange & Bergamot no added sugar cordial
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- For the chocolate ganache –
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked until soft
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- To decorate –
- Dried orange slices
- Cacao nibbles
- Edible gold glitter spray
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flours, coconut sugar, cacao or cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarb in a bowl. Whisk together the milk and vinegar and leave to stand for 10 minutes to curdle, then pour into the bowl along with the cordial and orange zest.
- Mix well to combine and form a batter. Spoon between the muffin tins to reach the top and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and spongey. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the ganache: when you’ve cooked the sweet potatoes and they have cooled, place in a blender with the other ingredients and blend well until smooth and quite thick. Chill in the fridge until needed.
- Place the ganache in a piping bag with nozzle of your choice and pipe on top of each muffin.
- Decorate with an orange slice, a sprinkling of cacao nibs and some glitter sprayed on.
Recipe creation and photography by spamellab.com
Submit your review