Chocolate Orange Loaf – vegan style
- 280ml oat milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 4 tbsp Mr Fitzpatrick’s Orange, Clementine and Bergamot cordial
- 150g non-dairy margarine
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 275g self-raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4 or 180ºC and line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Whisk the cordial and oat milk together and set aside.
3. In a pan over a medium heat, gently melt the margarine and golden syrup. Once melted take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl before adding the milk and margarine mixtures. Stir well until the batter is smooth.
5. Add the mixture to the loaf tin and level it out. If your feeling fancy, slice a few thin slices of orange and lay on the top. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack and leaving to cool completely.
Recipe creation & photography by The Clean Tribe
Submit your review