Blackcurrant & Coconut Cheesecake Pots by SpamellaB
- For the oaty base -
- 100g oats
- 100g dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes then drained
- 75g cashew nuts
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- For the coconut cream layer -
- 1 x can coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the blackcurrant compote -
- 150g blackcurrants (or use a mixture of ½ blackcurrants, ½ blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Mr Fitzpatrick's Blackcurrant Cordial
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Coconut chips, to decorate
- Make the base –
- Place the ingredients into a blender or food processor and whizz up well until broken down and slightly sticky.
- Divide between 2-4 tumbler glasses or small pots – fill up to about ¼ or ⅓ – and press down gently. Chill while you make the next part.
- Scrape out the solid part of the coconut cream out of the can and into a bowl. Add the maple syrup and vanilla then use an electric whisk to whip up the coconut cream for a few minutes until thickened.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Now for the compote –
- Place the berries in a pan with 1 tablespoon of water and the cordial. Heat up and simmer for 5 minutes until the juices have released.
- Whisk the cornflour with 1 teaspoon water to form a paste then whisk into the berries while still cooking.
- Cook for 30 seconds, stirring well, until thickened, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve, spoon the coconut cream on top of the base (to fill up to ⅔) then some of the berries and sauce. Sprinkle over the coconut chips and either serve immediately or chill in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
Recipe creation and photography by spamellab.com
Submit your review