Spiced Onion Chutney & Rosemary Butternut Squash Tarts by The Clean Tribe
- 1 sheet of ready made puff pastry
- 100 grams of butternut squash, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 sprig of rosemary, removed from the stalk, roughly chopped
- 70 grams of pine nuts
- 50 grams of free-form grated cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the chutney -
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs of Mr Fitzpatrick's plum and pear spiced cordial
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (approx 375 grams)
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 1 Tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1/2 Tbs of wholegrain mustard
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low – medium heat, soften the onions.
- Stir in 1 Tbs of brown sugar, stirring occasionally until onions start to colour.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until chutney has reduced and thickened to a caramel colour.
- While chutney is cooling heat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment, line the pastry sheet on top and cut into even quarters.
- Drizzle butternut squash with olive oil, season well and toss with the rosemary.
- Spread 1 Tbs of chutney over each pastry square, sprinkle with cheese, cubes of butternut squash and pine nuts.
- Add a final sprinkle of chopped rosemary, and fold the corners into the centre and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Recipe creation and photography by thecleantribe
Submit your review