Iron Brew Glazed Ham by Charlie
- 1 Gammon joint (900g-1kg)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 ml Whisky
- 100 ml Mr Fitzpatrick's Iron Brew Tonic
- 1 Lemon - rind and juice
- Prepare the gammon joint. Put it into a pan of water, bring the pan to the boil, drain and discard the water. Let the ham cool a little.
- Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 3/175°C, and while that’s heating up, prepare the ham. Remove the skin, but keeping as much of the fat as you can – then score the fat. This is where the glaze will sit.
- Pop your gammon into an oven proof dish and into the oven for around 20 minutes per 450g
- Meantime, in a pan, add all the glaze ingredients together, and bring to the boil, just to let it reduce a little bit, so it’s nice and syrupy again. Pop to one side. When it’s cooked, remove it from the oven, and turn the oven up to Gas Mark 7/265°C.
- Baste the skin of the ham with the glaze. There will be some left over, don’t worry.
- Put the ham back into the now hot oven. After ten minutes, remove it and baste it with the glaze again. Put it back into the oven. Repeat once more, before removing it and letting it cool.
Eat with chips and a fried egg, in sandwiches, or just sneak slices from the fridge when you fancy.
Recipe creation by Charlie at ginfuelledbluestocking.co.uk
Submit your review