Aubergine & Sweet Potato Coconut Curry by SpamellaB
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 chunks fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Mr Fitzpatrick's Lime & Lemongrass cordial
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 3 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 x can chickpeas, drained
- 2 large handfuls spinach leaves
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Place the chillies, garlic, ginger, cordial, turmeric and lime juice into a blender or food processor and pulse to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the paste and cook for a few minutes to release the flavours then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the aubergine and sweet potato and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring well.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock and simmer for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes and aubergine are soft.
- Throw in the chickpeas, spinach and coriander and cook for a few more minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Now serve with rice and sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
Recipe creation and photography by spamellab.com
Submit your review